Course - One-to-One Mindfulness Sessions
Are you an individual looking to gain better understanding and resolution of a particular issue or situation in your life which has been causing you distress, discomfort or confusion?
Are you a person who is committed to increasing your self-awareness, becoming more self-compassionate and developing a range of self-care strategies?
Are you someone wishing to establish or refresh your meditation practice and interested in how you can incorporate mindfulness more into your daily activities.
Do you feel you would benefit from working mindfully on a one-to-one with an experienced Breathworks mindfulness teacher?
If so, you might be interested in my accessible, flexible and inclusive one-to-one mindfulness sessions…
For those who wish to learn mindfulness and meditation privately or are not able to join one of my eight week group courses, you could choose instead to work with me on a one-to-one. To find out more about one-to-one mindfulness I recommend that you book a free orientation session first.
In this free orientation session which normally lasts 1 hour and can take place either face-to-face, over the phone or online, at a time of your convenience, I will listen empathically to your needs and situation, introduce you to the Mindfulness for Health (MfH) and Mindfulness for Stress (MfS) courses and discuss with you the various training options which might suit you. If you then decide you feel comfortable working with me and you would like to continue, I will then explore with you how we can tailor a programme to suit your personal needs and lifestyle.
About the course
“Clarity and decisiveness come from the willingness to slow down, listen and look at what’s happening”
Mindfulness for Health (MfH) and Mindfulness for Stress (MfS) are usually delivered in a group format, which is the most common way of learning mindfulness. Sometimes, however, attending a longer eight week course might not be practical or may be difficult due to your time constraints, geographical location, work or family commitments, health concerns or other personal circumstances, for example, some people may find groups just too challenging or overwhelming.
On the other hand, if you are experiencing a particularly stressful period in your life, you may find one-to-one mindfulness might provide a suitable way to learn or develop new skills and coping strategies to take into your daily life. Attending one-to-one mindfulness sessions will give you a regular safe space to practise mindfulness and meditation and work on your personal issues in your own time, in your own way and at your own pace.
At your initial orientation meeting we can discuss your intentions for learning mindfulness, what way of working is most convenient for you, whether you’d prefer face-to-face meetings or online sessions via Facetime, Whatsapp or Zoom. Telephone appointments can also work well for some people.
There is no obligation to book further sessions but if you do decide to continue, please be aware there is no limit to how many one-to-one mindfulness sessions you are able to book but we will review your progress regularly to check if you are finding the sessions beneficial.
What will I learn?
- Reduce stress, anxiety, depression and pain.
- Create more headspace, free from shattering thoughts.
- Learn more effective ways to manage your thoughts and emotions.
- Enhance your creativity and emotional intelligence as well as self-compassion.
- Learn how to respond rather than react.
- Receive feedback on home practice and your reflective journal.
One-to-One Mindfulness Course Options
To help you get the most from your one-to-one mindfulness training I offer a range of possible course options for you, or your family, peers or colleagues to choose from including:
- The full 8-week Mindfulness for Health or Mindfulness for Stress course (8 x 2 hour sessions, guided audio downloads, course workbook and supplementary material). Experience one of the Breathworks eight week courses, working at your own pace with the regular support, feedback and encouragement of your teacher.
- Mini-mindfulness programme (4 x 1 hour sessions, offering input on the Breathworks course key concepts, teaching core skills and guided meditation practices to help you to start developing more mindful moments in daily life.
- Individual mindfulness sessions (simply to encourage you to take some time out from your busy life just for you and press pause). The beauty of these sessions is that they can be arranged at short notice to suit your needs. So you might benefit from booking one of these one-off (pay-as-you-go) sessions, for example, if you’re having a stressful day at work and need some time out during your break. Or if you’re experiencing conflict in your relationship and could do with showing yourself some self-love and kindness.
Other course packages I offer include:
- Private courses for couples or small family groups.
- Private courses for teenagers.
- Private courses specifically adapted for people living with disability, chronic pain or longterm health conditions.
Whatever your needs, whatever your circumstances, please don’t hesitate to contact me to see how I can help you.
Book Your One-to-One Mindfulness Session
Before you make payment, to register your interest in having one-to-one mindfulness sessions with me, please complete the following short registration form:
How to make payment for one-to-one mindfulness sessions?
I accept payment for one-to-one mindfulness sessions by cash (if face-to-face), PayPal or Bacs (bank transfer). I offer flexible payment options for my one-to-one mindfulness sessions to suit all circumstances and budgets. As with the other mindfulness events I provide, I offer three main fee categories for my different one-to-one mindfulness packages. I appreciate that times are difficult and your budget may be limited. Therefore I simply ask each participant to pay what they can afford (no questions asked) and if you can afford to contribute a little more or make payment at the standard fee level, this means that I am able to offer more reduced-fee or subsidized places on all of my events for people on a low income or for those experiencing financial hardship.
A. Make payment by PayPal
Please make payment via PayPal (for card payments). You do not have to have a PayPal account to pay by card. Please choose your one-to-one mindfulness course option listed below and select how much you will be paying. Once you click the PayPal button, on the PayPal screen, click the Pay by Debit Card or Credit Card button, and fill in your card details.
Full 8 week Mindfulness for Health / Stress (8 x 2 hour sessions)
Mini Mindfulness for Health / Stress (4 x 1 hour sessions)
Individual Mindfulness for Health / Stress (20minutes)
Individual Mindfulness for Health / Stress (40 minutes)
Individual Mindfulness for Health / Stress (1 hour)
B. Make payment by BACS
Name: Mr Martin P Rigby (Martin Rigby Counselling)
Account No.: 17006660
Sort Code: 77-26-18
Reference: Your name to help me identify and track your payment
“I’m not here to give direct advice or judge you.”
Remember my door is always open
If you would like to find out more about what counselling is and how I can help you please don’t hesitate to contact me.Contact Me
Availability & Locations
Preston: Mondays and Tuesdays 9am-6.30pm, Wednesdays 9am-4pm
Wigan: Thursdays 9am-6.30pm, Fridays 9am-5pm
Ashton-in-Makerfield, Hindley, Leigh and Wigan: Thursdays 9am-6.30pm, Fridays 9am-5pm